We have a new job opportunity available at Planterior for an Apprentice Landscape Operative.
The position is for 30 hours a week over 4 days, and is for a duration of 18 months with the potential to be offered a permanant position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship. The potential start date is 26th September 2016.
If you are interested in this job you need to apply via the government website. You can do this here. We will not accept submissions by any other method. The closing date is 16th September 2016.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Grass Cutting and lawn care
- Laying turf
- Tree & Shrub planting
- Hedge cutting and maintenance of shrub beds
- Maintenance of planters and herbaceous borders
- Sweeping paths and hard standings
- Litter picking and other duties associated with amenity landscaping
Desirable skills for the role include:
- Gardening skills would be an advantage but not necessary
- Customer Service Skills
- Team Work
- Driving licence (due to driving companies vehicles)
The ideal candidate would have the following qualities:
- Willingness to learn
- Genuine interest in working outdoors
- Good Level of fitness
- Keen to train for a career in Horticulture
Things to consider:
- You will be working outdoors in all weathers.
- Must be able to travel to the unit easily and in good time.
- The unit is in a village location served by the Worksop to Nottingham train service and Worksop to Chesterfield bus service Cycle rack facilities on site.
- Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.